Our club organises various social and race waka ama events for members and the general public. There are lots of other waka ama happenings in other parts of the country and further afield.
Maitahi Social & Fun Stuff
Our Social paddles are a great way to get started, to meet people and find out what crews you might like to paddle with. We often go for coffee and a chat afterwards so you can get to meet club members and have fun.
If you would like to join in send an email using the Social Paddling enquiries form below.
Social & Club Events Calendar
Waka Ama Events Calendar
- July 17 - July 26
- August 7 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- August 12 at Kaiteriteri
- August 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- August 30 - September 3 at Hawaii
- September 1 at Tutukaka, Northland
- October 5 - October 7 at Napier
- November 16 - November 17 at Kaiteriteri
- November 16 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Kaiteriteri
- November 23 - November 30 at Rarotonga
- December 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- December 4 at Aitutake
- January 14, 2019 - January 19, 2019 at Lake Karapiro
- February 8, 2019 - February 9, 2019 at Lake Rotoiti, Nelson Lakes
- February 15, 2019 - February 16, 2019 at Takapuna Beach, Auckland
Family Fun Days @ Tahunanui
We hold several Fun Days throughout the year, usually at Tahunanui Beach.
Fun Days are all about fun races and mixing and mingling. Plus they’re a chance for friends, family and the general public to have a go at paddling. See our calendar for the Fun Day schedule.
Tuna E Hoe Ana (Paddling with the eels)
Interested in the Maitahi annual regatta at Nelson Lakes?
9th & 10th February, 2018